Samuel De Maio, MD
List All Members | General:
Samuel De Maio, MD
- The Girards Law Firm
- 10000 N Central, Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75231
With a heavy heart, we announce the passing of Dr. De Maio on July 25, 2019. Sam was a heavyweight in the medicolegal world and few had the depth and breadth of expertise in the cath lab. Sam's contribution to the experience and knowledge at Girards Law Firm in zealously representing heart patients injured by malpractice in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disorders is impossible to quantify during his 17-year relationship with us. We are forever grateful for the friendship and professionalism of our colleague.
Dr. DeMaio joined the Girards Law Firm as Of Counsel in July 2002.
Dr. De Maio received a BSEE with High Honors from Rutgers College of Engineering in New Brunswick, NJ, in 1979.
He received his M.D. from New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ, in 1983.
His intership in Internal Medicine was with Baylor University in Dallas, TX, John S. Fordtran, M.D., Chief from 1983-84. Residency was also in Internal Medicine at Baylor University in Dallas, TX, John S. Fordtran, M.D., Chief, from 1986-89.
- 1986-89 - Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, R. Wayne Alexander, M.D., Ph.D. Chief
- Jan. 1989 - June 89 - Electrophysiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga, Paul F. Walter, M.D.
- 1989-1990 - Interventional Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, FA, Spencer B. King, III, M.D., Chief
- July 1990 - Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Disease, University of Munich, Germany, Berthold Hoefling, M.D., Chief
- 1994 - May 1999 - J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, TX,
- 1999-Nov. 2001 - Buchholz, Sassin & DeMaio
- July 2002 - July 2019 - Girards Law Firm, Of Counsel
Past Hospital Affiliations
- South Austin Hospital, Austin, TX
- Daughters of Charity Health Services of Austin, Austin, TX
- Heart Hospital of Austin, Austin, TX
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- St. Paul Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- 1977 - Tau Beta Pi - National Engineering Honor Society
- 1977 - Eta Kappa Nu - National Electrical Engineering Honor Society
- 1983 - Alpha Omega Alpha - Medical Honor Society
- Phi Delta Phi - Law School Honor Fraternity
- Fellowship - American College of Cardiology
- Fellow - American College of Physicians
- Fellow - American Society of Cardiovascular Interventionalists
- American Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- American College of Chest Physicians
- North Texas Cardiovascular Society - President 1993
- Diplomate - National Board of medical Examiners, #274922, March 1984
- Diplomate - American Board of Internal Medicine, #106453, September 1986
- Diplomate - ABIM - Cardiovascular Disease, #106453, September 1986
- North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology - Special Competency, Cardiac Pacing, September 1991
- Diplomate - ABIM - Interventional Cardiology, 1999
- State of Texas Bar, #24012519 (now inactive)
- State of Arkansas Bar, #200006 (now inactive)
- State of Texas, #G 6655 (now inactive
- State of Geogia, #028157 (now inactive)
Bibliography & Research Information
- Haft, JI, DeMaio SJ, Bartoszyk OB: The coronary arteriographic finds in symptomatic patients with right bundle branch block. Am J Cardiol 1984; 53:770-773.
- DeMaio SJ, Kinsella SH, Silverman ME: Clinical course and long-term prognosis of spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Am J Cardiol 1989:64:471-474
- DeMaio SJ, Walter PF, Crawley SI: Cardiac arrhythmias: Their identification & management. In: The Emory University Comprehensive Board Review in Internal Medicine. Presented in Atlanta, GA on August 3, 1989.
- DeMaio SJ: Sudden cardiac death. In: Scblan:RC, Hurst JW (eds),The Heart, 7th Companion Handbook, New York, McGraw Hill Inc., 1990; 6:56-60.
- DeMaio SJ, Welter PF, Douglas JS: Treatment of ventricular tachycardia induced cardiogenic shock by percoronary chemical ablation. Cath & Cardiovasc Diag 1990; 21:170-176.
- DeMaio SJ: Surgical & catheter abiative therapy of ventricular arrhythmias. In: Hurst JW (Ed), Current Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease - 3, Philadelphia, B.C. Decker, Inc., 1991.
- DeMaio SF: Surgical & catheter ablative terapy of supraventricular arrhythmias. In: Hurst JW (Ed), Current Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease - 3, Philadelphia, C.B. Decker Ind., 1991.
- Hearn JA, DeMaio SJ, Roubin GS, Hammarstrom M, Sgoutas DS: Predictive value of lipoproteins in the angiographic diagnosis of coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol 1990; 66:1176-1180
- Bauriedel G, DeMaio SJ, Hoefling B: The role of angioscopy in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease with percutaneous atherectomy. Am J Cardiol 1991; 68:226-231.
- Bauriedel G, Windsetter U, DeMaio SF, Kandolf R, Hoefling B: Human coronary and peripheral arterial smooth muscle cell activity in primary and restenotic lesions obtained by percutaneous atherectomy. Circulation 1992; 85:554-564.
- DeMaio SJ, King III SB, Lembo NJ, Roubin GS, Hearn JA, Bhagavan Hn, Sgoutas DS: Vitamin E supplementation, plasma lipids and incidence of restenosis after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA). J of the Am Col of Nutrition 1992; Vol. II, No. 1, 68-73.
- Bauriedel G, DeMaio SJ, Hoefling B: Sheath introducer technique for recanalizing total occlusions of the superficial femoral artery. Cath and Cardiovase Diag 1992; 25:66-70.
- DeMaio SJ, Stocker E: Surgical and catheter ablative therapy of ventricular arrhythmias. In: Hurst JW (Ed), Current Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease - 4, Philadelphia, B.C. Decker, Inc., 1994.
- DeMaio SJ, Stocker E: Surgical and catheter ablative theapy of supraventricular arrhythmias. In: Hurst JW (Ed), Current Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease - 4, Philadephia, B.C. Decker, Inc., 1994.
- Weintraub WS, Boccuzzi SJ, Klein JL, Kosinski AS, King SB, Ivanhoe R. Cedarholm JC, Sttabower ME, Talley JD, Robbins DC, Brown CL, Alexander RW, and the Lovastatin Restenosis Trial Study Group: Lack of effect of Lovanstatin on restenosis after coronary angioplasty. N Engl J Med 1994; 331:1331-7.
- Harvey, LAC, DeMaio SF, Roberts, WC: Radiation-induced cardiovascular disease including stenosis of coronary ostium, coronary and carotid arteries, and aortic value. BUMC Proceedings 1994:7(3):33.