Every Month is Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month at Girards Law Firm!
By James Girards
In the United States, more and more people are living with the effects of a spinal cord injury than ever before. Here are the statistics:
• The annual incidence of spinal cord injury (SCI) is approximately 54 cases per million population in the U.S. or approximately 17,000 new SCI cases each year.
• Vehicle crashes are currently the leading cause of injury, followed by falls, acts of violence (primarily gunshot wounds), and sports/recreation activities.
• The number of people in the U.S. who are alive in 2016 who have SCI has been estimated to be approximately 282,000 persons, with a range from 243,000 to 347,000 persons.
• The average age at injury has increased from 29 years during the 1970s to 42 years currently.
• Males account for approximately 80% of new SCI cases.
• Lengths of stay in the hospital acute care unit have declined from 24 days in the 1970s to 11 days currently. Rehabilitation lengths of stay have also declined from 98 days in the 1970s to 35 days currently.
• Incomplete tetraplegia is currently the most frequent neurological category followed by incomplete paraplegia, complete paraplegia, and complete tetraplegia. Less than 1% of persons experienced complete neurological recovery by hospital discharge.
At the Girards law Firm, we have a passion for helping those suffering spinal cord injuries as a result of the wrongdoing of others. If you or your loved one have been severely injured, let us help you today.
Have You Been Left Devastated After Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Brain or Spinal Cord Injury, or a Trucking Collision in Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas? If So, Let Our Legal Team Help You.
Intellect. Ingenuity. Impact.TM
When tragedy strikes through no fault of your own, you can be faced with a mountain of medical bills. You can lose your ability to earn money to pay for your family’s needs, and lose your quality of life. You are forced to fight a battle with insurance companies and hospital corporations just to get your bills paid. And, those who caused your injuries will not help and will not give you any answers. These battles are confusing, frightening, and overwhelming. With the help of The Girards Law Firm, your Texas personal injury attorneys, you get unrivaled experience and representation to help ease your burden and find justice.
Hospital mistakes can alter your life forever. When your child has experienced a birth injury or a misdiagnosis of your loved one led to wrongful death, you need a team of lawyers with deeper knowledge of how hospitals function inside, and deeper understanding of the complex medical and legal issues that come into play. At The Girards Law Firm we know how to help. James Girards has over 23-years’ of experience in complicated medical litigation, is a member of American Mensa, and is an instrument-rated private pilot certified in single- and multi-engine airplanes. Sam DeMaio, MD, JD, is a practicing Interventional Cardiologist as well as a licensed attorney. Michael Ramey has an MBA in addition to over 14-years’ experience in complex litigation. All three are licensed in Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
Medical malpractice in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas is a serious matter. When injured through no fault of your own, you have rights and deserve compensation to cover the high financial and emotional cost of what you and your family experience.
We can help you achieve the full measure of justice you deserve.
The size difference between your personal vehicle and that of a dump truck, commercial truck, or 18-wheeler puts you at a disadvantage when a collision occurs. The results of truck crashes in Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Texas are disastrous, leading to severe injuries, burns, head trauma, brain and spinal cord injuries. When a highway disaster occurs, you need a firm that can respond quickly and leave no stone unturned to prove what happened and why. Severe Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas auto accidents can leave you facing multiple surgeries, fractured limbs, or long-term disabilities. When you have been involved in a serious car wreck, your first priority is to get yourself healthy.
The trial lawyers at The Girards Law Firm have a reputation for developing innovative and effective techniques to present your case to the jury with real impact. With thorough case investigation to develop the complete set of facts and cutting edge trial presentation tools, equipment, and techniques, we can achieve justice for you.
After a Personal Injury in Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas, Let Us Be Your Guide
We have been assisting injury victims like you in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas since 1989, so we understand what you are up against. Personal injuries caused by incidents, such as medical malpractice in Texas, a truck collision in Arkansas, or a severe auto accident in Oklahoma puts you in an overwhelming and life-altering situation.
At The Girards Law Firm, our team of Dallas personal injury attorneys understands the difficulty you face. When you work with us, you back your claim with the experience and perseverance you need to receive the outcome you deserve.
Contact us toll-free today at 888-333-9709 and let’s get started. You may also contact us at the following numbers: Texas: (214)346-9529; Oklahoma: (405) 598-7825 and Arkansas: (501) 288-9529
10000 N Central, Suite 400
Dallas TX 75231
609 SW 8th Street, Suite 600
Bentonville, AR 72712