House Explosion in Arcola injures three
Posted on Jan 19, 2014
ARCOLA, Texas – A 74-year-old mother, her 35-year-old daughter and the daughter’s 48-year-old boyfriend, sustained burns from an explosion inside a residence in Arcola TX on Friday. The three were hospitalized Friday night in southeast Fort Bend County, fire officials said.
The daughter was transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in extremely critical condition with burns to 40 percent of her body, hospital officials said. The mother and boyfriend were taken by ambulance to the hospital in stable condition after suffering burns to 20 percent of their bodies.
A family member said they had been smelling gas inside the home for days, according to officials. A faulty gas valve or gas line may be at fault. Aging gas lines and connectors have been a problem in recent years as thousands of the connectors have still not been replaced by natural gas energy companies.