Girards Law Firm is pursuing claims for those injured or who have died due to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. Those who lived or worked at Camp Lejeune for at least 30-days between August 1, 1953 through December 31, 1987 are eligible to file a claim if they developed any of the following conditions:

  • Adult leukemia
  • Aplastic anemia and other myelodysplastic syndromes
  • Bladder cancer
  • Kidney cancer
  • Liver cancer
  • Multiple myeloma
  • Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
  • Parkinson's disease

Camp Lejeune

Other conditions that may be implicated include the following:

  • Esophageal cancer
  • Breast cancer
  • Kidney cancer
  • Multiple myeloma
  • Renal toxicity
  • Female infertility
  • Scleroderma
  • Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
  • Lung cancer
  • Bladder cancer
  • Leukemia
  • Myelodysplastic syndromes
  • Hepatic steatosis
  • Miscarriage
  • Neurobehavioral effects

As research is still ongoing, other types of illnesses may be attributed to this situation in the future. So, if the Camp Lejeune resident you are concerned about meets the time-period deadlines but suffered any of the following, we may be able to help in the future:

  • Lung Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Hepatic Steatosis
  • Multiple Myeloma
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Other Cancer
  • Infertility
  • Brain Cancer
  • End State Renal Disease
  • Renal Toxicity
  • Birth Defects
  • Aplastic Anemia
  • ALS
  • Myelodysplastic Syndrome
  • Soft Tissue Cancer
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Hodgkin’s Disease
  • Cardiac Defects
  • Lymphoma


In order to help you we will need from you as much documentation as you can gather including the following items:

  1. Documentation showing you lived or worked at Camp Lejeune or have a dependent relationship to a Veteran who served at Camp Lejeune, such as marriage license or birth certificate;
  2. Documentation showing you lived on the base for 30 days or more between Aug. 1, 1953 and Dec. 31, 1987 such as copies of orders or base housing records; and
  3. Medical records showing a qualifying health care condition or a signed authorization we can provide you that will allow us to obtain those records.