What is a Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer?
According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Personal Injury Trial Law involves litigation of claims involving trauma or disability based on an individual's mental or physical injury(s) and/or trauma from automobile accidents, professional malpractice, defective products or negligence by another party or individual.
Lawyers in this area also deal with governmental claims, statutory claims, insurance contract claims, and any negligent or intentional tort claims.
Why choose a lawyer Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law? Qualifications include:
- Practice law fulltime for at least 5 years as an active member of the State Bar of Texas;
- At least 3 years of Personal Injury Trial Law experience with a yearly minimum 25% substantial involvement with Personal Injury Trial Law matters;
- Tried at least 10 Personal Injury Trial Law cases that met substantive requirements;
- Qualified vetted references from judges and lawyers in the area;
- Complete 60 hours of TBLS approved continuing legal education in Personal Injury Trial Law;
- Meet all of the TBLS Standards for Attorney Certification; and
- Pass a comprehensive 6-hour examination Personal Injury Trial Law.
James Girards has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for the last 23 years.
If you have been severely injured or have a loved one has been severely injured or killed as a result of the negligence of another the Girards Law Firm may be able to help. Please call 214-346-9529 for a free consultation.